Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Korean Tacos

For those of you out there in the webbernets who do not know, I am of Korean descent. This recipe is very near and dear to my heart, because I am often kept up late into the night wondering what type of food my kids would grow up on if I married a Mexican woman. Kimchi fajitas? Tofu guacamole? Spicy seafood-and-cactus stew? None of those sound very appetizing, although I know some hipster vegan out there is already eating tofu guac. Because eating avocados is murder. Well there's at least one thing my hypothetical super hot bride and I can feed our little Mexoreans (Korexicans?) that will allow me a good nights rest. Here are some simple instructions on how to make Korean tacos.

I do need to apologize somewhat in advance for the abundant presence of vegetables in this post. I you are squeamish, I advise you not to continue.

Ingredients you will need: Korean-style short ribs (kalbi), red leaf lettuce, kimchi, green onion, cucumber, parsley, tortillas and korean hot pepper paste (gochujang) if you can find it.



1. Grill short ribs. If you bought them unseasoned, marinade overnight in soy sauce, garlic, sugar and green onion. We don't have a grill, so we just pan fried. Cut into bite-sized pieces once cooked.





2. Chop lettuce, grate cucumber and cut kimchi into small pieces. Mix together with parsley and hot pepper paste.






3. Assemble tacos by layering meat, salad mixture and chopped green onions. Add a squeeze of lime juice on top.



All done. For a natural pairing, try this with a nice tall glass of tequila.


- Angie, Carol, Daniel, Laura, Marcus & Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment